I don't know about you, but I despise Christmas. It's one thing to be socially obligated to buy crap for people when I can barely afford to cover my rent, pay my bills and feed myself, but, to add insult to injury, I'm constantly assaulted by trite, vapid Christmas music everywhere I go. Makes me want to drive around the malls blasting Fear's "Fuck Christmas" over and over again at top volume. I'd like to dig up the corpse of Charles Dickens and kick his dead, rotten ass into dust.
So if you're like me and you feel like killing every asshole in a Santa hat, I've assembled a Christmas carol antidote - a collection of blasphemous black metal from the Middle East. This is some of the most punishing, brutal black metal on the planet, and the reality is, most of these bands are risking their lives by performing this music in their home countries. Talk about balls.
If Jello Biafra wants to bitch about a lack of personal freedom, he should go try to record a black metal album in Syria, where the style is out-right BANNED.
I have personally selected each track on this comp from bands I've covered in my series on MEBM for Bigtakeover.com. None of it was cleared, but most of these tracks are out-of-print, nearly impossible to find or were never given proper releases due to political or religious restrictions. If you really like a song on this comp, please try to purchase something from that band and help support true underground music.
01. Ayat - "Possession" from El Nabi Mojrem Moghtaseb Dajjal LEBANON
02. Die Entweihung - "The Unholy Precept" from Die Entweihung ISRAEL
03. Mucous Scrotum - "You Will Perish" from Calls from the Underground ISRAEL
04. Narjahanam - "Nehaya Wa Bedaya" from Undama Tath'hur Al Shams Mn Al Gharb BAHRAIN
05. Al-Namrood - "Barzakh" from Narcotized SAUDI ARABIA
06. Ammattammen Bas - "Mint Tea Til Sugar Skog" from Estanna Yabny Estanna EGYPT
07. Dhul-Qarnayn - "From Chaos" from Beyond Human Malice BAHRAIN
08. Infernal Nature - "Of Lords & Servants" from Calls from the Underground ISRAEL
09. Veinen - "Apocalyptic Nuclear Terror" from Black Hypnosis LEBANON
10. Nekroforest - "Kristian Grave" from Kristian Grave TURKEY/UAE
11. Rabbath Ammon - "Crown of Sand" from Rabbath Ammon JORDAN
12. Ultramundane - "Sworn Revenge" from A Kingdom at Birth EGYPT
13. Damaar - "Ode to Blasphemy" from Triumph Through Spears of Sacrilege LEBANON
14. Aras - "Wish to Be in Death Embrace" from Depressive Rebellion IRAN
15. Dark Promise - "The Dark Promise" from To Violate the Light SYRIA
16. Blaspherion - "The Night Before Mourning" from The Night Before Mourning UAE/USA
17. Sorg Innkallelse - "Lethal Invasion" from Into the Dark Tower IRAN
18. Azaroth - "The Winds of Mayhem" from Azaroth/Nekroforest TURKEY/UAE
19. De Mysteriium - "546 BC (short mix)" from Cold Days in Experience IRAN
20. Kusoof - "Exist to Un-exist" from Vile BAHRAIN/KUWAIT