Thursday, December 10, 2009

Optimus Prime - And Now...Optimus Prime Time!

To make a long story short, I met Dan through a total toolbag who went by the name of Atom (when he called, he'd say, "Hey, it's A-T-O-M!") and we all played together in a short-lived band called A Funeral in the Fall. Dan and I eventually got sick of said toolbag and quit, but that's another story.

Anyway, Dan had this thrash band that he had just started called Optimus Prime, but they couldn't hold down a guitarist. I volunteered, saying I couldn't practice with them, as they got together Monday afternoons and I had to work, but I'd kinda learn the songs and improvise the rest. As a big Melt Banana fan, Dan liked the idea and I joined as noise guitarist.

One day in February 2005, we went into Dan Keely's studio in Southold and recorded this gem.

We played a total of 12 shows from May 2004 to July 2005, when Joe, the singer, quit and we gave up. It was fun while it lasted.

Dan wrote everything. I think Joe wrote the lyrics for "Who the Hell Knows?" though. Lou played drums like a cracked-out Animal.

Optimus Prime
And Now...Optimus Prime Time! CDR
(MPAE)
2005


Sample tracks:

Better Days

Skin Deep

Get Off Yer Ass and Practice What You Preach


No comments:

Post a Comment